Learn from my mistake...stay at it...the mistake I made was that I did not have consistent daily effort; if I had we’d be at Exe. Director by now. Nonetheless we have been paid $29,600 for the efforts we put in 3 years ago. Or an average of $822 a month. This is not a ton of money but the average household only needs $500 to $1,000 to get the financial pressure off them.
"A Small Amount Of Wind Will Move A Big Ship: It does not take much wind to move a big ship; but if the wind stops so does the ship...in order to build the income (life) we want we need to do something everyday which keeps the winds blowing and moving our ship in the direction we want it to go. If the wind stops then we will drift and can even go backwards...the good news is we can control the wind (effort).
This is what happened to us...I stopped the small daily efforts and we drifted and even though we went backwards in our total numbers of customers our check stayed the same for 3 years. This is a very powerful message that we have to communicate to our potential business partners. We start our next month in our business where we left off the previous month. If we are making small daily efforts like adding one name to our list and approaching at least one name each day we already have on our list we will move forward.
Things to remember: 1) People buy what we sell: A) If you talk to prospects about being a customer they buy a membership and try the products. (This is like doing addition) or fishing with a rod and reel. Pretty easy to get someone up to speed fishing like this.
B) If you talk to prospects about making money they buy "I can supplement or replace my income." (This is like doing multiplication) or fishing with a net. They need 20 customers which means your business grows by 20 vs. 1.
Here's the rub...you don't make much money if all you have is personal customers. And sometimes you can feel mistreated if you approach someone about making money. They may give you what I like to call the Melaleuca SMACK. They act offended that you would USE your relationship to get them in a business. I struggled with this for years---here’s where I am today.
We have 29 personal customers and 21 of them have shopped every month for more than 21 months and many of them have shopped over 30 months. This has occurred without one phone call from me. (Not the way I will build my business going forward) To me this is strong proof that we offer something of tremendous value or most if not all of these customers would have stopped shopping.
We have shopped every month for 36 months with Melaleuca. Why? Yeah we get a check but my wife would git rid of a lot of other things in her life before she lets me get rid of these products. We are normal everyday people and we have found a brand that we will be customers for life. I’m at peace now over the notion that I’m trying to get people in “some deal” we offer the best products money can buy and the only way the customer will know is if they try them. If you are new to the business you can rest well knowing that if you put your time into this company it will pay off! And NO ONE get’s hurt financially -EVER!
So how do you make things work for you?
1) What’s your why? You will need something more powerful than money to move you to action each day. For me it’s time freedom to do what I want in retirement (Retirement can be when you want)
2) Make the commitment: The minimum is 90 days and if you are a person with vision I'd tell you to make a 3 year commitment. Ed Bestoso says if you give us two years of hard work (40 to 60 hours a week) you will become an Executive Director and will be retired for the rest of your life earning $4,000 to $5,000 residual if you stop! According to Melaleuca the average Sr. Dir takes 21 months and the average Exe. Dir takes 34 months. Again these are just average people---people like you and I that made a commitment. Want some proof...here's what it took these guys to achieve Executive Director: Jeff Stutz - 8 months Ryan Harris Todd Hatch Mike Sewell Alex Reynoso - 18 monts
You need to know that the first 90 days of daily consistent effort things will feel like they are moving slow but after 90 days you'll be able to look back and see that you have made some really good progress. So work hard and be patient with others and yourself. The reason I'm sharing this with you is this is where I fell short! And so do most others...I quit after 5 months...why? Our check hit $2,800 and I expected it to be double or triple that...I just did not have the vision---fast forward to 3 years later---we have now been paid $29,600 for those 5 months of work or the equivalent of $5,920 for each month worked and counting. Simply Amazing!!! Nothing else works like this! I've worked in traditional business for 25 years and I don't get a check for any of that work.
3) Set your goal: Decide what you want out of life and don’t give up on your dreams.
To be reminded that your goal is possible you will need to have the reinforcement of others. My favorite is the DVD titled “Certainty in Uncertain Times” you can view it at www.Earn60k.com/intro-video watch this at least once a week. You will also want to plug into other weekly calls. That can be found at www.Earn60K.info click on the weekly calls tab.
4) Set your work hours: Work with a purpose. Decide each day what hours you will work and be accountable to a team member.
5) Take Action: Team up with your enroller or Me and Natalie.
When you know “WHY” you are building this business and you have your own personal goals defined that will be enough to move you to action each day. And by making those consistent daily efforts you will reach your goals. It will not happen overnight but it will happen. And best of all the money will be predictable!
Here’s your blueprint:
Jeff Stutz is know for this success formula he earned $264,000 in his first year doing this.
Step 1) Setup 20 accounts.
Your enroller should help you with all 20 accounts and should not stop until you reach your goal or until you stop.
Five Win Win Reasons You Need 20 Customers In Your Business:
1) You will be a solid director - if you lose 1 or 2 accounts that's easy to replace and your are still a director and will still qualify for you $100 plus monthly check.
2) Your enroller gets leadership points to help you which means they get bonus money from the leadership pools.
3) When you advance your enroller can advance. Your enroller will make an advancement bonus each time you advance so it’s worth their time to help you so let them help.
4) Your enroller is looking for someone in depth to help reach director. When you enroll 20 customers a few of them will want to make money as well. If your enroller helps you set up these accounts they will know these people and can focus on helping you develop directors and adding more customers to your business. We all need 400 team enrollments to hit Sr.
5) You will identify who your 5 directors will be in most cases with 20 enrollments.
Step 2) Help 5 personal customers set up 20 accounts. You learned who they were when you enrolled your 20 customers.
Step 3) Build in depth--work with the 5 directors you have to grow their team to 100 customers each and help them advance to Director 4. They will earn $500 or more residual at this level and will be happy with the consistent paycheck. If you do this you will have 5 x 100 team members and will have the volume you need for Sr. Director. which pays you on average of $62,000 a year.
Step 4) - Repeat steps 1-3 again to become an Exe. Director.